Construction begins: January 2018
Size of terminal: 41,000 square meters
Investment: R$ 500 million
Capacity: 8 million passengers per year.
- Two levels, one for departures and one for arrivals.
- 10 boarding bridges to connect passengers to aircraft.
- Parking lot - 2,530 parking spaces
- Commercial area: approximately 4,000 sq. meters
- Check-in: 40 check-in counters
- 8 Baggage carousels: - 2 international, 5 domestic and 1 for either
- 14 Boarding gates: 3 international and 11 domestic
Much more than for passengers in transit
The international expertise of the new owners ensures that Santa Catarina will have an airport that is not just a place for passengers in transit. The facilities for the public, including areas for cultural exhibitions, multiple services, high quality, free wi-fi and outstanding cuisine, will provide a perfect setting for a business meeting as well as for the ordinary necessities of daily life. The airport will have approximately 4,000 thousand square meters of commercial area, including a food court.
Another new feature is the visitor’s terrace. It will have a panoramic view overlooking the apron where the airplanes park. Without a doubt, this new terminal will be a place for people to discover a passion for the amazing world of aviation.